Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For Jayven


This past week James and I took a little break and went hunting with my dad. Jayven started down with a little cold and we didn't want to risk him getting worse up in the cold mountains so we opted to leave him home with grandma Tammy and aunt Tessie. The trip was great but I missed Jayven like crazy.. I couldn't believe I made it through the whole week without seeing him. I sure did realize what a great part of my life Jayven is.
Every morning he wakes me up about 8 and I bring him into my room and we watch t.v. I usually fall back asleep and I wake up again to him leaning over to kiss me on the nose or cheek! I really cherish those times... I don't know what I would do without that little boy! I love him so much.. He is getting to be so big and doing so much on his own. The other night he climbed out of his play pen and up onto Tess' bed where we were sleeping that night and James and I both turned around and looked at him and he had his little teddy bears and he was already under the blankets ready to go to sleep! I didn't realize how much he can really do. I just really wished he would talk!!!! I can't get him to say the essential words like please, thank you or anything like that! It drives me nuts. How do I do it??
Here are some pictures of Jayven over the past little while!



4 comments:

K. Bitton said...

That's such a sweet post! He is getting so big! (about the please and thank you's, we made grace repeat after us EVERY SINGLE TIME she wanted anything, she got in the habit and now she does it 90% of the time.) I hope you still had fun while you were gone! I know it's hard to be away from our sweet kids! Love ya!

Mandy said...

He is such a cute boy!! I can't believe how big he is getting!! I'm glad that you and James were able to go hunting, even if it was without Jayven. You're a lot stronger than I would be to leave him for that long! :)

Thomas Family said...

Kayci-
So about the please and thank you thing, james and I have tried to have him say please and thank you or else we won't give him what he is asking for, and is all he does is come up and give us kisses and then if we give him something and tell him to say thank you he gives us more kisses! I don't know what to do cause it is so cute, but he's not saying the words!!! Oh well, maybe one day...

Heather said...

Allie is really talking now and i miss when she couldn't! I love the jabbering stage! It'll come, don't stress! Just think, at least he can't talk back to you yet!