Monday, September 28, 2009

In Loving Memory


1954-2009
TOM ALTON SNOW
My uncle Tom passed away on 9-11-09 a day that was already unforgettable but now has more meaning than before. He was such a great guy and I will always have fond memories of him. I am going to miss him greatly but I know he is in a better place having a reunion of a life time with his mom, dad and two brothers that passed before he did. Not to mention all the grandparents and great grandparents. We held his services this past weekend and they were great. We could feel his spirit so strong and I am very happy that I had a part in helping out with those. The graveside was great where we heard from My dad (Troy), Uncle Jon, Ryan, and Aunt Marilyn. They all had great things to say about Tom, I don't know of anyone who could say anything bad about Tom though. Anyone who knew him were welcomed with open arms and a smile on his face. He will definately be missed by all who knew him.
On sunday afternoon, Ryan, Amey, Asher, Troy, Jon, Britteny, Zach, Jayven and myself went up the canyon to a beautiful waterfall and spread some of his ashes. What an experience that was, I have never done anything like that and I will remember it always. We also planted a tree up there that we will be able to go back for many years to watch grow. We know Tom will keep it alive and allow us to remember him by looking at it. A few hours passed by as we listened to Ryan play his madalin and listened to a "few" of Tom's favorite songs, man what a peaceful day it was not to mention the beautiful weather we had. We all know Tom had something to do with that, Tom hated coming to UT in the bad weather, and he always loved fall, so we had the sight of the beautiful leaves and the warm mountain breeze.. We could not have asked for a better situation. Thanks Tom..
Tom, I just wanted to say Thank you for all the great memories we were able to make and especially the ones of you and my son. He loved you and loved being with you. I have some wonderful pictures of you and him and I will always cherish those. Please remember you will always be in my heart and I will NEVER forget you. I love you, and until we meet again...




2 comments:

BAK said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad he's in a better place, and the funeral is behind you.

Love you lots!

K. Bitton said...

So sorry Lynds! Glad it was a good experience for you guys though. I'm glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery too! You are so close to having that baby! Are you excited??