Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first blanket!

I started thinking of things that I could do for Jayven for Christmas and one thing that came to my mind was a rag quilt. So my friends and her sisters do a craft day on Wednesdays so I started going down and they taught me how to do it! I was really excited, in the first day I got most of it done, I just needed to sew the rows together, but I ran out of time and no sewing machine. :( I was kinda scared cause I didn't know if I would be able to do it by myself and without a sewing machine, So my sweet mother in law let me use hers. She told me I could actually have it but when she wanted to use it I had to let her. But, good for me she has sewn one thing with this machine and it was when her hubby ripped his pants and she didn't know how to even do it! So I don't think i'll have to share too much... Well, I got it up and running and I got it finished last night! I am so excited.. I need to snip the edges to make them fray but other than that I am DONE!! I am actually already started on another one.. I really like this... My poor son though.. No time with mommy.. So here are a few pics..

3 comments:

BAK said...

You did a great job. Have fun snipping (my least favorite part). And don't forget to snip the edges - I did that on my first one & the flannel came off in SHEETS while in the dryer & almost ruined the blanket.

Jayven will love it!

K. Bitton said...

Hello! That is dang cute!! I am going crazy about rag quilts right now too:) I have three that I want to finish, one before the baby and two before christmas! You did a great job on your first one, I'm excited to see more!

Mandy said...

That looks great! I've never made a blanket like that, maybe you'll have to teach me sometime! :)