Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Season!!


I just love the Christmas season! I just wished it would snow.. What is Christmas in Utah with no snow?? This year has gone by so fast, it is almost done!! This Christmas season, I have really been trying to think more about what Christmas is all about rather than what presents I need to get who.. It has been a special one for us, being in our own house, and all. On Sunday James and I taught our sunday school class and it turned out so good. In the Ensign President Monson wrought a talk on the Greatest Christmas Ever. So I read the talk and then talked to the class about it, and to my belief their idea of Christmas was not all about the presents that they were going to get. It made me feel so good and get a better knowledge of the true meaning of Christmas!!

When I think of Chirstmas, I think of the house lit up with lights, a tree in the front window (a real one) full of lights and ornaments! I also love to see a Nativity scene which this year I can say I have not just one but two up, the family time is also great. I look forward to going to Grandma Sue's house every year for Christmas dinner, it is so much fun getting all of the family in one house and just enjoying eachothers company... One thing that my Dad's family always does is go to my uncle's house on Christmas Eve and wait for Rudolph to come. Sadly to say, I think we will miss that this year, It is just too hard to drive to Springville and home in one night, just to sleep and head back down there to do it all over again. So for the first time, we are going to spend Christmas Eve at home!!! I am so excited.. (oh yeah, and who could forget the GREAT Christmas music)??

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and remembers what Christmas is all about!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

You're tree looks great! We're going to be spending Christmas at home too. Weird!

SmartKleanLady said...

Hey Lyndsay! Merry Christmas! Your blog looks very nice. I'm going to Vegas to be with JR & Laura for Christmas. More later. Love, Robin

ozzymac84 said...

Merry Christmas James, Lyndsay and Javon!! From: Austin, Monica, and Marshall.

Thomas Family said...

i hate Christmas music it is too slow, i like to bang my head back and forth until i re-live what i just ate, then i like to scream words that don't make seance. and most of all it irritates Lyndsay and that is what i do best. I love you Lynds, Merry Christmas. P.S. ROCK AND ROLL ISN'T NOISE POLLUTION

mo mcd said...

Hey guys! Merry Christmas!
We have a Christmas card for you. Could you text or e-mail Austin your address? Thanks so much!

Mandy said...

Hey Thomas family, I don't usually comment, but here I go. I agree w/ you on the traveling I don't like to drive to much aroung the holidays. We need a lot more snow to feel like christmas, it sucks we can't see you guys more often. I love country christmas music its peaceful sometimes. Hopefully we can see you aroung Christmas