Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

I have decided to do a post about things I am grateful for..
First I just have to say how thankful I am for Jayven.. He is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. I thought I knew what love was but, that was before I had him, Now I KNOW what love is. It is so weird how much you can care for such a little thing. He has started calling me mom instead of mama and it is so weird, cause it is like he really knows who I am to him.. It is such a great thing.
Second, I am grateful for James and how much he has helped me through things. He is a great daddy and I love him for that. James and Jayven have such a good time together. I cant express how glad I am to have had a boy first, I am sure James would have loved a girl, but He has been so good to/with Jayven. I couldn't ask for a better daddy for my son.
I am also grateful for my family that includes James' family also. They always seem to be there when we need something or even when I just need someone to talk to.. Growing up I was not much of a family person, I would have rather been with my friends and doing stuff with their family. Now, I would much rather be with our families.. They just mean so much to us and they do so much for us..
I am grateful for the gospel in my life and where it has gotten me. Again, growing up I didn't have the church in my life like I do now, and I think I did fine as a teen or even before a teen, but there was nothing I could have done about that, but I look back now and wish I would have had more of the church with me. I think I would know more than I do now and have a better knowledge of the gospel. So for that, I am trying so hard to better my testimony and gospel in our family. The calling that James has is truly a blessing I think, because it has brought him closer to not only the lord but to Jayven and I. James teaches the lesson pretty much every week in my class, and he does the ward letters, and teaches once a month in Elders Quorum. Something I NEVER thought he would be doing.. So I am so thankful for the calling he has..

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving...

1 comment:

K. Bitton said...

that was a neat post!!! I'm so glad you are happy. We would love to see you guys!! you are always welcome here. just let us know and we can plan to get together. love you!!!