Sunday, April 10, 2011

A much needed visit

Last week I took my boys to see my Grandpa Don.. It has been way too long and I have been feeling like I needed to get there but always seem to get distracted.. I am really happy that we went and he was happy we were there.. He smiled once and said "uh huh" once.. That was great enough for me!!
My dad had a bright idea to take him some sugar cookies that he had made the night before and Grandpa LOVED them!! :) It was so funny because he started drooling when I showed him what we had brought and then he would open his mouth WIDER than I have ever seen.. LOL So cute.. The nurse came by and told me just to break off little pieces for him to eat but there was NO way I was putting my fingers near those chompers.. haha he did just fine biting the cookie. ;)
I was able to get some good pictures and I hope my boys will be able to remember him and know that he was here.. They wont know him like I did but they will know they had a Great Grandpa Don.. I pointed to each of the kids ( I also had my nephew Kaisen, bro, and dad) and Grandpa would look at each one as I pointed to them, I told him I was having a baby girl and that is when I got the SMILE!! It couldn't have made me more HAPPY!! He held my hand which is great, because he usually just holds his own hands but I got him to let go and hold mine..
I just love him and am so grateful to have him as a Grandpa.. I miss him alot around but I know that he knows I'm here..
Here are some pictures I was able to get.. Enjoy!!
Jayven, Lukas, Kaisen holding Great Grandpa's Hand

We told him to say "cheese" and he looked at the camera!! :)

3 comments:

BAK said...

I love that you went to visit him. He loves to look at everyone's faces. How awesome that he smiled about your baby.

Great pictures!! I'm so glad he gets visitors.

Amy Sorensen said...

Oh. Lyndsay, this made me cry. When we went to see him with Jacqui, he kept looking right at her belly and I felt so strongly that he knows and can see those spirits who are waiting. I'm so, so happy for you that he smiled at you with your news. That is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Heidi said...

wow, that is really neat. I love the pictures. He looks like a wonderful greandpa!!