Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Memorial Day weekend...

This memorial day weekend we tried to see people that we don't see often and visit some graves.. We were able to see Grandma and Grandpa Thomas. They are getting up there in age so it is really good to be able to visit with them since who knows when they will take their lifetime trip.. They are truly the neatest people in the world and such great examples. I look up to them alot and hope that my life as an old lady is as happy as their life.. :) They have wonderful children and wonderful grandchildren, great grandchildren. I have lost count how many people there are in the family but we were well over a hundred a few years ago!! It is great!!



Great Grandpa and Grandma Thomas Lukas, Josie, Jayven May 2011

We also got to go and visit with my Grandpa.. Man, I'm doing good two times in a year!!! LOL This is how it should be but I just haven't made it priority and I have told myself I need to get down there more often so I did. I did have an excuse this time to help me get down there, I wanted him to meet little Josie Kaye.. I enjoyed every minute that we were there seeing him. I showed him Josie while she laid in her car seat and he smiled!! :) I then had to get her out to let him hold her and he just kept looking at her.. I didn't want to let go of her just in case something happened but I could tell he really enjoyed it! He is actually pretty lucky, not only did he get Christian (Britteny's baby) Josie but he got Oakley Ann (Jacqui's baby) on his birthday!! June 7th..
I miss my grandpa and I love him very much and from the look in his eyes every time we are there I can see how much he loves me and my kids and i'm so grateful for that!!

Lynds, Josie, Great Grandpa Don, Jayven, Luke, James May 2011
We also went and visited James' Great Grandma's grave. I didn't know her that well, but I know James talks alot about her and what he loved about her and her house and their visits with her. She always had something to say and great memories.. I'm sure James will always remember things about her.. James was in Iraq when she passed away which was hard on all of us. But he knew that she was in a better place.. I will never forget her services.. I was sicker than a dog, but I went anyways. The services were great and I cried the WHOLE time.. I remember James' brother getting up and talking and I could barely keep it together!! Such a great lady who will never be forgotten!!

We also visited my grandma and grandpa's grave along with unlce Tom and uncle Randy. I was young when my grandma died but I have memories of her that I will never forget. I remember her voice raspy and all.. I can't forget her.. She was great.. I miss her and love her alot!! My grandpa passed away before I was born so I don't know him, but my dad tells me ALL THE TIME that he would love us kids and he would be so proud of us.. Just for that I miss him and wish I knew him, but I know he is looking over me and still proud.. One day I will meet him and I look forward to it! Uncle Randy too died before I was born so no memories of him, but I do know that he and my dad looked ALOT alike.. I will one day meet him too. :) Uncle Tom... Oh the memories.. I have TOOOO many to put on here and I have blogged about him before. I miss this man DAILY.. Especially on my drives home.. That is when I could talk to him the best.. I knew that if I called him anywhere else I would stop listening because I would have to do something here and he would continue to talk my ear off and not even know I wasn't listening.. LOL Ugh, I hate thinking about this because it makes me teary eyed. I love and miss him SO much..
What a great weekend to reminisce on all of the memories..





No comments: